Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Serenity Prayer Tigers Fans by Jen


Here's this. I think it's a good time for it. 

A Serenity Prayer For Jill, And All Tigers Fans by Jen.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
Like when pitchers get injured playing Wii sports
or the price of a hot dog at the CoPa;
courage to change the things I can,
by throwing out statistics from last season
to silence the naysayers this season.

Living one game at a time;
Enjoying one inning at a time;
Accepting losses and trades as the pathway to a better team eventually;
Taking, as Leyland did, this floundering team
as it was, not as we would have it;
Trusting that he will make all things right
while wearing his mirrored shades;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
even if they don't make it to the World Series
and supremely happy in the next season.
Play ball, Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment